351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

Wow that is so awesome work 😎[THUMBS UP SIGN] Well I love the way to do thise Roof connection Right [THUMBS UP SIGN]😀 But I did see one Newer Cars they are full welding them? What is best way to go? When I look at My own Mustang there is no cracking eny where. However is it possible that warmer climate can force it to create thise cracking? Regards Lars

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Wow Mike its looking real nice

I haven't seen the progress for a while so its nice to see things coming together

One thing i suggest for your door hinges is welding a pipe sleeve in between the center section

then bore the two end so that the long bushing is supported over the full lenght of the bushing in stead of just 3/16 thickness of the hinge, easy job to make sure your doors never drop

Keep up the nice work

Thanks for the inspiration

Glad to see the updates also. If your like me, when it gets to this stage its usually easier to get motivated to work on it. Great work! Ryan.

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

I wish I had the time to get up there and help out. Been trying to work on small projects and finally got mine back up and running after my little fuel system redo. I too am guilty of no picture updates.

P.S. I envy your hood...

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

Happy new year everyone!

This weeks project was lizard skin sound control and ceramic coating. Let me say that I'm really happy with this product. It was very easy to spray and covered well. Cleans up with soap and water. For me hands down this was the best choice in sound deadening. With the big cavity's in the rear quarters that you can't get stick on into this you can spray rite in. The lizard skin maid a huge difference in sound when you close the doors.

IMG_1506.thumb.JPG.6aa9dc00dab725c4eaaa59c4c2856692.JPG

IMG_1533.thumb.JPG.eb4e9b2f556f13d8861349b6c1e6cd89.JPG

1567849051_IMG_1534-Copy.thumb.JPG.bb680471740c959cec0cfc858430a1c4.JPG

IMG_1535.thumb.JPG.436e3e4b18436ba8736f55fe982f8636.JPG

IMG_1538.thumb.JPG.373dab441a10484ef08bc8783c49aee4.JPG

IMG_1539.thumb.JPG.2f463e0ec8165dd1f65a07d609d2fa40.JPG

896426304_IMG_1540-Copy.thumb.JPG.6d182ed85d54cd6eb58a8c3e01505554.JPG

- Mike

Mike,

That looks really good, nice job. Are you going to do the doors? I did those too when I did my car and really like the way those came out. The roof should sound pretty solid too now. Your car is looking really good.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Mike,

That looks really good, nice job. Are you going to do the doors? I did those too when I did my car and really like the way those came out. The roof should sound pretty solid too now. Your car is looking really good.

Thanks john.

Yes I do plan on doing the doors. I could have done the drivers door. But the passenger door has couple of dents that needs to pulled out. I didn't want the stud gun have any penetration problems. I still need to do the rear quarters back by the side marker lights. The quarters have a some small dents in them from the inside out from something sliding around the trunk that needs to be hammered dolly . I wanted to get the bulk of the car done before the body work starts this week.

And yes the roof is very quite and solid now. With out a doubt it make the car a better car.

Mike.

- Mike

very cleen did you use a standerd spray gun ?

No I had to buy the spray gun. The spray gun has a large orifice.

that motor set up to be a widow maker for chevies lollerz

That's the plan!:cool:

- Mike

The rate that your going you'll be ready for paint in no time. Are you going to paint it yourself? What color? Ryan

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Wow that is so awesome work [WINKING FACE] Regards Lars

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

• mach71351c changed the title to 351 4v ( 408 and TKX )