351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has any one tried to run a efi with the ram air

thanks mongos CJ

This weekend I pulled out my bodyside moldings and the set I got from Olepony (Mike). With the 2 sets I now have a nice clean set of moldings. I striped the anodize coating off and will start to polish process. I have to give a big thanks to SDstang (Jim) for helping me out today. We went to my brothers house where I store my 72 Mach 1 parts car and pulled the 9" out. Then installed a 8" back into it to keep it a roller. The 72 housing is much cleaner rust wise than my 71 housing.

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

Glad to see you making some progress. Just curious, what did you use to strip the anodizing off the moldings? I'm thinking about doing this with my drip rail, rear window and windshield moldings and then polishing. Ryan.

Glad to see you making some progress. Just curious, what did you use to strip the anodizing off the moldings? I'm thinking about doing this with my drip rail, rear window and windshield moldings and then polishing. Ryan.
Hey Ryan, I used EZ off oven cleaner to remove the anodize coating. It took 3 application scuffing with a wet SOS pad between coats. It doesn't take much effort just time consuming letting the EZ off do it's thing.

Hey Ryan, I used EZ off oven cleaner to remove the anodize coating. It took 3 application scuffing with a wet SOS pad between coats. It doesn't take much effort just time consuming letting the EZ off do it's thing.
Thanks Mike. I'll give it try.

I will be honest. I'm not a big fan of red cars but damn that paint job is awesome. Might actually change my mind. A lot of time and love went into getting that so smooth and it looks great. Can't wait to see it done and burning some tires off.

I will be honest. I'm not a big fan of red cars but damn that paint job is awesome. Might actually change my mind. A lot of time and love went into getting that so smooth and it looks great. Can't wait to see it done and burning some tires off.
Thanks Jason. I'll be honest when I leave for work I stop and think what it would be like to have it done.

Now I know where all the decor group trim is hiding, lol. On stripping the anodize Greased Lighting will also work. For long pieces you can use a section of plastic gutter to put your parts in lots of video online on how to.

What black did you use on the lower? Brand and code?

I have an original unpainted 73 and the black looks really bad, think po tried to wax it. Been thinking about using flat black wrap material to keep the original paint there.

Now I know where all the decor group trim is hiding, lol. On stripping the anodize Greased Lighting will also work. For long pieces you can use a section of plastic gutter to put your parts in lots of video online on how to.

What black did you use on the lower? Brand and code?

I have an original unpainted 73 and the black looks really bad, think po tried to wax it. Been thinking about using flat black wrap material to keep the original paint there.
Hi David, I doing the black with a PBG hot rod black. I haven't got the black sprayed yet. I hope to have it done in a month or so.

I got a couple things done this past weekend. I got a fuel tank from SDstang that the previous owner of his vert replaced. It had a little surface rust so it warranted a repaint. I did some research on fuel tank paint and I found home depot sells in the chain link fence section galvanized paint. It's about half the price of of eastwoods tank tone. I'm very happy how it turned out.

From the fuel tank I moved on to the 9" that Jim (SDstang) pulled out of my parts car the week before. After pressure washing this axle cleaned up very well. Got to love California cars. After the tear down I sanded primed and painted it semi gloss black.

IMG_1757.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

Looks like your keeping busy. Good find on the paint for the gas tank. I was going to buy the Eastwood zinc paint too but I thought it was kinda pricey. I'll have to check home depot and see if they carry it around here. How many cans did it take to paint the tank? Rear axle looks good. Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your keeping busy. Good find on the paint for the gas tank. I was going to buy the Eastwood zinc paint too but I thought it was kinda pricey. I'll have to check home depot and see if they carry it around here. How many cans did it take to paint the tank? Rear axle looks good. Ryan
2 cans just did it. You should find it in the fence isle.

Latest posts

Back