72- Medium Lime Metallic - resurrection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. It was a long time coming, but worth the wait. The work was done by Allan Shepley at Mustang Central Georgia in Byron, GA. A bit of a drive from Memphis, TN. I have to acknowledge some great help from some non-mustang car guys. A colleague at work borrowed me his 26ft car trailer to load the car in and a friend of a friend drove his F350 to pull it with. There really are some great people in the car community. Now it is time to finalize the project timeline and the expenses to be had in getting ready by 2014.

Some progress is being made. Spent a weekend sniffing Mineral Spirit fumes cleaning up the wiring harness front to back. In general is came out pretty good with cleaning. Need to work on a couple of the connectors some more getting some old overspray off of it. OMS came through for me on several AMK fastener kits. Received the fasteners this week and I will install all of the brake a fuel lines front to back. I need to repaint the trunk spatter paint. Body shop sprayed the lighter gray from 71 and I need the black/blue for 72. After all the plumbing is done and paint completed attention goes to installing all new front suspension and steering components. Thanks for checking in. I will get some pictures taken with all the lines in this weekend.

Brian , one step at a time .

keep us informed.

JB

Installed all of the hardline plumbing for fuel and brakes this weelkend. In general lines were bent pretty close to the originals. I had saved all of the lines I took off the car to match up the bends. The only line i am not 100% happy with is the long line from the rear axle to the front. The original factory line had about 8 more inches and three more bends. The replacement line gets me there but I am looking for concourse here.

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

really diggin that color green, are you leaving the hood all green? It looks great the way it is...
I don't see any hood locks or ram air - looks as if it was a single-color hood car originally.

bkdunha, does the Marti show as such on yours?

-Kurt

really diggin that color green, are you leaving the hood all green? It looks great the way it is...
I don't see any hood locks or ram air - looks as if it was a single-color hood car originally.

-Kurt
Kurt,

That is correct it is a non-functional NACAhood. I will stay as one color. I really wanted to put on the black WAR PAINT and hood locks, but just couldn't convince myself to cut into the original hood. The Marti does not indicate ram air and the 73s allowed you to get black paint on the non-functional ram hood.

Kurt,

That is correct it is a non-functional NACAhood. I will stay as one color. I really wanted to put on the black WAR PAINT and hood locks, but just couldn't convince myself to cut into the original hood. The Marti does not indicate ram air and the 73s allowed you to get black paint on the non-functional ram hood.
Same case as my car then, a '71 Mach with side tape stripes, the NACA/NASA hood, no ram-air, and no hood paint.

Strangely enough, this does not appear to be that common a combination at all. It's worth keeping stock just for the sheer novelty of it.

-Kurt

I agree with Lux. Getting back a freshly painted car is something I can't wait to have. When I get back in Mayish I will have enough money set aside for either a paint job or an old coupe for the wife. I am trying to not be selfish...but paint would look so nice. Great job on the car! It is coming around beautifully!!!

-Kurt
Kurt,

I for one was not aware of the criteria for the "black out" on the hood, so I'm glad I asked the question. Thanks guys! :D

Well the past several weeks have been mainly cleaning, blasting and sanding. For the most part the suspension is ready for install. Just finished the last top coat on the spindles and caliper mounts so they are not in these photos. Thought I would share a bit with everyone.

DSCN0090 (2).jpg

DSCN0091 (2).jpg

DSCN0093 (2).jpg

DSCN0095 (2).jpg

DSCN0096 (2).jpg

DSCN0099 (2).jpg

DSCN0100 (2).jpg

Nice work B

::goodjob::

Might be nice to list the products paints you used so others would have a reference available...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back