Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itll have reverse eye 5 leaf springs in the rear with maybe a 1inch block. It only needs to go down 1.5 or 2 inches in the back.ill have to cut the springs in the front. Id love to have a bolt in coilover setup I just can't afford it

Thanks guys. Got the shock tower braces, hood hinges, pedal assembly, cowl grills and some other small parts painted tonight.
1ftkqf.jpg

Itll have reverse eye 5 leaf springs in the rear with maybe a 1inch block. It only needs to go down 1.5 or 2 inches in the back.ill have to cut the springs in the front. Id love to have a bolt in coilover setup I just can't afford it
Sounds cool enought to me, I can't afford a coilover system either and dont want to when you can do so much cool things to the original suspension system. Can't wait to see that car lowered with those wheels, it's gonna look sweet! :)

Sounds cool enought to me, I can't afford a coilover system either and dont want to when you can do so much cool things to the original suspension system. Can't wait to see that car lowered with those wheels, it's gonna look sweet! :)
If i could weigh in on this discussion i too was thinking of a trick suspension set up but then i thought first of all im only looking for stance on this build. I won't be throwing this ride into sideways drifts like my 68 and on top of that these were the best driving mustangs of their time. Even though TCP makes an econo coil over that bolts right up it still runs up around $1000. Im going to go with Eaton springs front coil which i can get custom made for a couple of hundred and their 3" drop rear leaf for a few hundred and beef up the front sway bar and add a rear sway bar. ALL SHE WROTE. Keep in mind, transam racing still rode on a similar set up and look at the beats those cars got!!!

Agreed^im sure ill be satisfied with the front end setup when I realistically won't drive it maybe a couple times a week. Got the pedal assembly completed yesterday, installed new pads and buffed the original chrome trim rings. Worked on the roof today and got all the filler work on it completed also.
9joh9c.jpg
2qa1xkp.jpg

Nice progress. I also like your choice of tires and wheels. Seeing all the progress your making makes me want to get back out in that garage and work on mine. Keep up the good work.

Made a little more progress on the filler work tonight and got started on the driver side quarter.
k9fg29.jpg
29beszr.jpg

Lol.I feel so cramped in there. Its only a 24x24 but it came with the house.id really love to build a 30x40 one day.if I didn't have all the minor stuff like the interior, dash, bumpers etc at my dad's in storage there's no way I would have room to work.

Got the rods for the hurst competition plus shifter adjusted today so the toploader is all finished.
jiia8l.jpg

Been busy on side jobs this week but finally had a little time to mess with the car today. Got the driver quarter about 20 minutes short of complete. Now all i have left is the rear around the tailight panel and ill be ready to prime from the door post back. Should spray some primer right before thanksgiving.
33ku42w.jpg

Your making a lot of progress. I'm ready to start the exterior body work on mine but I can't get motivated. Keep the progress pictures coming. Great job.

Back