• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motor , Tranny and Rear for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys I have a 351 C 2v with auto tranny FMX (i beleive) for sale. Its out of a 72 convertible with 93k on the odometer. Pulled it out last week for a guy but now he called and said he dont have the money so i am listing it on here first then craigslist. I had it running before i pulled it and it sounded good. Motor and tranny are complete from air filter to oil pan. All accessories on motor, driveshaft goes too. I have a short console and stock shifter also. I also have a 9 inch rear end with 3.25 gears and posi for sale. Asking $700 obo for the motor and tranny. $150 for the rearend. I am located about an hour north of pittsburgh in PA. let me know if these are reasonable prices too. 700 is what the first guy agreed with.

Thanks Kevin

Hey Kevin -

Any idea how much it would cost to truck it from PA to Winnemucca, NV (89445)? If it was somewhere around $100 +/- I'd be very interested.

Doc
I would be willing to bet it would be a couple hundred bucks. I just sent a long console to FL and it was around 67 bucks.

Can you post a pic of the short console?
i got a couple pics of the short console and shifter. Its in pretty good shape but there are a couple cigarette marks on it. it all complete with no cracks or anything like that.

short 2.bmpshort 1.bmpshort 3.bmpshort 4.bmp

Also sold the rear end today for 150.

Attachments

• short 1.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 9
  • short 2.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 19
  • short 3.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 8
  • short 4.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kevin -

Any idea how much it would cost to truck it from PA to Winnemucca, NV (89445)? If it was somewhere around $100 +/- I'd be very interested.

Doc
I would be willing to bet it would be a couple hundred bucks. I just sent a long console to FL and it was around 67 bucks.

Can you post a pic of the short console?
i got a couple pics of the short console and shifter. Its in pretty good shape but there are a couple cigarette marks on it. it all complete with no cracks or anything like that.

Also sold the rear end today for 150.
I wonder if this console will work with a 4 speed?

I believe it does Roy. Let me check my book and I'll let you know tomorrow. Which 4 speed are you using?

Did you grab the kick down and shifter linkage? I am not interested in the package but if you did, that's a big bonus to anyone here who wants it. $700 is a fair price.

Did you grab the kick down and shifter linkage? I am not interested in the package but if you did, that's a big bonus to anyone here who wants it. $700 is a fair price.
Yeah I have everything complete. I thought 700 was reasonable. I paid 500 for mine just to gut it and rebuild.

Back