What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it is a 5 speed T-45 I think it is unlikely to be in the torque converter or valve body ;) The downside of being a newbie is no one knows my set up.
Add that info to your signature under the User CP button to tell us about your car.

I hope it's something simple in your T-45.

I did some detail cleaning on my Buell after leaving the Mach 1 at the transmission shop :(

I think it is the 5th gear reverse shift fork, the T-45's had some issues with those, and even though Keisler supposedly had a fix for it, I strongly suspect that is where it is. On the plus side I wanted to pull the tail housing and swap the speedometer drive gear to a 7 tooth so I could get an accurate speedometer, so now that it is going to have to come apart that far, I guess it will get done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I 've ben having trouble with bad clutch chatter coming out of first gear. I was crawling around under the car, assessing how much of a PITA is would be to remove the trans and happened to grab the equalizer bar. To my suprize the bar was quite loose and upon removal found the frame side bushing was non-existent. I promptly ordered new bushings for both ends and installed the other night. Well chatter problem is now completely gone! To help improve the life of the bushings I put a grease fitting right in the z-bar to keep everything well lubed. The car is much more enjoyable to drive.

I finally finished sanding all the old paint off (sucks not having a day off in months)... Need a nice day to get it painted. I have the primer and paint ready to go, I just need to finalize the bodywork and spray it. Next comes my NA build (aussie heads, cam, forged rotator) and either a tko600 or t56 magnum depending on my funds.

Just ordered the first wave of things I need to get the Rustang out of the Auto Hobby Shop. Seems like Memorial Day will be the last weekend there. I'm thinking I can have everything underneath the car done, engine and tranny in, and maybe even fire it up by then (won't be drivable, but maybe we can hear what it sounds like).

I'm still trying to pick out a couple of things. But so far, the things on the way:

- Fuel lines

- Fuel tank and sending unit

- Fuel tank straps & bolts

- Brake line

- e-brake cables

- Mach 1 'flip-open' gas cap

- all the mounting hardware for the above listed things

- door striker pins

- door/trunk/glovebox locks w/keys & ignition switch w/key

- tail-shaft yoke for the AOD

- mounting clips/bolts for the tail lights

The things I still need to order:

- Edelbrock 1406 Performer carb

- Fuel pressure regulator

- Distributor, coil, and ignition

- Headers (Hooker Competition Ceramic-coated)

- 2.5" exhaust with 'X' pipe (Pypes from Summit)

- Alternator bracket kit (where the Hell do I find one of those? in chrome or otherwise)

Everything else I need I can get from parts stores locally (rear drum brake stuff, starter, alternator, battery, rear axle seals & bearings, NAPA 1310/1330 U-joint. et al.)

These are the things I need to get stuffed back underneath the car (and maybe hear it run) before I bring it home. I'm posting a 'This or That' thread... help me decide soon, please.

Found that the rust bucket parts car did have a lot more to offer than interior and trim. I actually found some good metal in 2 crucial places that I thought I would need to fabricate. Now just have to cut and weld . I figure I should be able to accomplish that!

DSCN1460.JPGDSCN1461.JPGDSCN1462.JPG

stripping it down for paint.. If it doesnt rain tommorow I will primer it.

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pictures, didnt bring my camera.

536546_10150905039906995_610141994_12150189_1473062503_n.jpg

542959_10150905042041995_610141994_12150192_1290512813_n.jpg

35506_10150905043686995_610141994_12150195_1346283518_n.jpg

Found that the rust bucket parts car did have a lot more to offer than interior and trim. I actually found some good metal in 2 crucial places that I thought I would need to fabricate. Now just have to cut and weld . I figure I should be able to accomplish that!
That doesn't look so bad... but then again, you saw mine before I replaced the 'pans. :D ;)

BTW - Thank you Don @ OMS for the phenomenaly quick packing and shipping. I ordered last night around midnight, and he's already given me a tracking number! That man is a Machine!!

- Alternator bracket kit (where the Hell do I find one of those? in chrome or otherwise)

Did Don not have one?
Not listed on the site... but I've still got plenty of time to see if he does. Thanks for the idea.

I pulled the seats & carpet out of the M code with hopes of finding the build sheet...guess what I found.

More rust. :/

Drained the oil and refilled to check the accuracy of the aftermarket dip stick. To my surprise 7 qts put it dead on full. Did not change the filter because it was changed less than 100 miles ago. This was merely for my benefit. When I changed it before I went off the stick and did not pay attention to how much was added.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm going to be out of the garage until the end of the month. It's our annual maintenance outage 14 hours a day 5A-7P and won't end until the 22nd. Really look forward to checking the posts though to unwind when I get home.

Latest posts

Back