What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be hard to identify in these photos, but I picked up a broken Chaplin Garden Seeder from Goodwill that I knew my daughter, with her new 20 acre place in Tehachapi, would love. I nursed it back to health, using a piece from a soon to be discarded 1973 Mustang grill. A little epoxy and a little glue, and it works like new. Merry Christmas Crystal.

IMG_2731.jpeg IMG_2732.jpeg IMG_2733.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Besides sifting through needed parts online, dealt with a scammer who PM'd me here on a too-good-to-be-true urethane bumper. I should've strung him along more, but became bored with it all. Beware of @matias717 and [email protected]

Nice bumper though - probably belongs to one of our members
Scam.jpeg

I finally got around to switching some cars over to hagerty insurance. They seem to understand that you can own 8 cars, but you can't drive more than 1 at a time. And it didn't take a bunch of convincing them that my 1982 truck is worth $20k, not $2k like normal insurance companies want to value it. Normal insurance company also had a 73 fastback mustang as $7k.

I ended up moving 6 cars over and raising the value they are insured for, and my yearly insurance rate went down 40%.

Been working on the Toyota Stout. Got the rear axle swapped and the 15x7” wheels on it. Also working on cleaning it up, pounded a few dents out of the roof.
View attachment 83933
Cool truck! Nice wheels, too! Did you see the Stout Steve Strope at Pure Vision built?

This is the previous addition that I di about 10 years ago. It is insulated and heated. The new room will also be heated. This summer I’m going to try to add a/c

Attachments

• A8A214CD-D862-4EDE-8F26-95DE00FE00BF.jpeg
    A8A214CD-D862-4EDE-8F26-95DE00FE00BF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, it was on Thursday, but I finally got my 73 aligned. He was able to get 1/8 toe in, 1.7 degrees caster and 0 degrees camber, with both sides having equal Caster and Camber. Now, he told me more than 1.7 degrees caster gave me interference issues. How have others achieved 2.5 degrees?

It may be hard to identify in these photos, but I picked up a broken Chaplin Garden Seeder from Goodwill that I knew my daughter, with her new 20 acre place in Tehachapi, would love. I nursed it back to health, using a piece from a soon to be discarded 1973 Mustang grill. A little epoxy and a little glue, and it works like new. Merry Christmas Crystal.

View attachment 83922 View attachment 83924 View attachment 83925
In the horticultural world that is called 'grafting' when trying to create a blend between two plants. I don't think this is going to work for you....

Been working on the Toyota Stout. Got the rear axle swapped and the 15x7” wheels on it. Also working on cleaning it up, pounded a few dents out of the roof.
View attachment 83933
I love the oddball (to us at least) Japanese trucks. The DeTomaso wheels look great.

Well, I took down all of Christmas on the outside of the house. My wife and I decorate everything for the holidays, inside and out, so there was much to do outside, and a ton of boxes to get out of the shed and put on the patio for putting away all of the inside decorations. I stopped at noon ,( with the outside), to get some lunch with her. Perfect timing, as it started to snow! Right now, the snow has since stopped, and there's a beautiful white carpet of snow on the ground. Love it.

Boat buffing.

Attachments

• IMG_3955.jpeg
    IMG_3955.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3903.jpeg
    IMG_3903.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3873.jpeg
    IMG_3873.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Well, it was on Thursday, but I finally got my 73 aligned. He was able to get 1/8 toe in, 1.7 degrees caster and 0 degrees camber, with both sides having equal Caster and Camber. Now, he told me more than 1.7 degrees caster gave me interference issues. How have others achieved 2.5 degrees?
Supposedly you can shim the front bolt if the upper a arm.

I tried and didn’t have good results.

As my car isn’t stock I went with global west upper arms with 3degrees added and did the Shelby drop.

Arm moves the ball joint 7/8” further back

I also bought their coil covers. You will have to call them for 71-73 as they weee not on their site.

Attachments

• IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2340.jpeg
    IMG_2340.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3846.jpeg
    IMG_3846.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
If I had to guess what I am going to do today instead of working on my Mustang, I would say shovel snow. Lot's of shoveling snow, this is a picture from my camera feed of after only an hour or so of snow this morning and it is supposed to snow all day and into the night they are forecasting 12"-16" of snow over a 24 hour period today.

thumbnail_IMG_9721.jpg

Fortunately, I was able to organize the garage after work and cram the Mustang over into the third bay and get the cars in last night. At least they are a toasty 67 degrees and not buried in snow.

thumbnail_IMG_9722.jpg

The best part is after this storm moves through, the temps are going to drop. It is going to be a balmy 2 degrees on Sunday and -1 degree Monday and Tuesday. Yes, those are the forecasted highs, the actual temp, no wind chill factored in. The lows are going to be in the negative teens plus wind chill factor, so it will feel like negative twenty something. Jeez, I need to get out of Chicago, LOL.

thumbnail_IMG_9725.jpg

Last edited:
Damn! I hate the snow unless I’m sitting inside a deer blind! LOL 😂 It’s cold and windy here @ 23° but at least it’s sunny and dry!
View attachment 84727
I'm so jealous, I was just in Austin last week and it was 65 degrees and sunny. I hate the snow too, I used to love it when I used to ski and I owned snowmobiles but don't do that anymore after a few back surgeries so no love for snow anymore.

Stared at my engine bay, until I got a call from The Damper Doctor. He said my Harmonic Balancer is going to come home starting Monday!!

Attachments

• Engine wo HB.jpg
    Engine wo HB.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 0
Back