351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, those came out awesome! ::thumb:: I got lucky with mine and was able to get away with just a good cleaning... but I think I'll probably yank 'em apart sometime, polish, and repaint like you did. Nice to see how well it can go!

Not to mention, great job keeping everything organized. I was not as well-organized when I did mine, so I spent a lot of time looking through boxes trying to remember which ones had what stuff in them, and moving them around.

This just keeps getting better and better. :bravo:
Believe me Eric I spend allot of time digging threw boxes. You should see inside my toy hauler, I have parts strewed every where.

All the shiny parts look great! Can't wait to see it on the car. Ryan.

Nice work.::thumb::

I still have all of this trim work to do... Like you, I do it in small bits so it does not become overwhelming. Just installing my wire harnesses now, then will work on the steering column so I can push it out of one side of the garage, turn it around and drive in the other side where my hoist is to complete the restoration. Glad someone else is having fun.

Last edited:
Got the tail lights put back together. Very pleased how they turned out. Then in stalled trunk latch and lock, tail and side maker lights, honey comb panel.

Up next, get the fuel tank in stalled.

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

What do you spend more time doing:

1. Working on the Mustang.

2. Posting updates here.

3. Checking up on the wife to make sure she is correctly rebuilding your car?

James

The Mach looks great Mike! I already moved to Washington, but will be back down in San Diego the 4th to the 15th of September, wouldn't mind checking her out in person and saying see ya later in person! Let me know, you have my number!

The Mach looks great Mike! I already moved to Washington, but will be back down in San Diego the 4th to the 15th of September, wouldn't mind checking her out in person and saying see ya later in person! Let me know, you have my number!
For sure when your in town lets get together.

Did you paint the tank, if so what kind of paint? Looks really nice! Ryan

I believe he mentioned using a galvanizing coating for fence posts you can get at Home Depot.

Back