351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, the car still looks great. I am deployed right now and am getting stationed back in San Diego this November. The Mustang will be my full time driver when I return. Cant wait to see yours in person. talk to you soon and hope all is well!

It’s looking really great. Red with black is always a favourite of mine.

Mike, the car still looks great. I am deployed right now and am getting stationed back in San Diego this November. The Mustang will be my full time driver when I return. Cant wait to see yours in person. talk to you soon and hope all is well!
Thanks Nik. Look forward to see in November.

Hi,

great resto, it is a pleasure to how much attention you paid to details. I also like the way you work - organised, clean and with system.

congratulations and acknowledgement from Europe

cheers Wolfgang

Progress update. Installed lower body side moldings and drip rail moldings. Restored front marker lights then installed them on the valance. Figured I might as well install the front spoiler make it complete. From there the front fenders starting with undercoating and painting satin black the under side. Install the lower body side moldings and marker lights. Paint and install plastic covers for end cap nut access holes. Put fenders and valance in storage for now.

silence poem

Edgar Allan Poe poems

Cant work out how i missed this thread. Maybe it was started before i joined. Having just started at the beginning and read through i cant believe how far you have come with this car. If this thread doesnt give other members the impetus to restore theirs then nothing will. What a fantastic job. Looking forward to seeing the car finished and fired up with attached video

Fabulous!

Totally agree with @pegleg on this: very motivating!

Could you give me the height/thickness of the molding on the quarter? I have this option too, but looks like yours is more flat than mine and higher too.

Because these are U shaped to have the retainer to fit in them, they end up being dirt collectors very fast, so I was thinking of making thinner copies of my set in stainless steel and somehow yours on the quarter looks exactly how I would like to have them. Were there different shapes or is it the pict that is tricking my eye?

Very very nice build you have here. It is great to see someone with your talents and friends and family who can help you along the way. Great to see you are getting a little closer. All good things come with time and patience and your dedication to both is showing through in the quality of this build. Good Job!

Car is looking great been a long road for sure but keep at it.

Just a note about how you are doing under the fenders and around the front end. Ford did not spray black on the outside of the inner fender wells. If you go to the Ford Facts Book you will see the notes on how the car was painted. Had two coats of primer, sanding and then the I believe two coats of color sprayed by normal means and then final coat sprayed with a special head.

The under side of fenders just got over spray, painted off the car, and the inner fenders got what ever the guy on on that side decided to put, lol. This car is an original paint car you can see none of the bolts are painted and suspension parts have no over spray on them like a repaint would have. Ford applied the seam sealer and what little undercoat they applied then primed and painted the car the color. The black below the Decor Group trim was then sprayed along with areas beside the tail light openings and under the hood and cowl area.

Your car will look better with the black under the fenders but would not be concourse correct if trying to gain points at a MCA show.

Here are a few pics of the car I have that has factory paint on most of the car. Hood and tops of front fenders were painted at some time maybe hail damage?

Way more paint on passenger side than the drivers side for sure. I scraped the loose seam sealer off and put POR on to prevent rust and put some seam sealer and undercoat back on. This is a driver and not trying to win shows.

The outer upper shock tower pieces I had removed to clean everything and they are SLOP gray like the shock tower braces.

You can see the bare steel where I had remove the cracked and loose seam sealer.

Glad to see you back at it Mike. Looking good! Ryan

Back